The Canadian IT Law Association ("IT.CAN") was founded in 1997 by a group of Canadian information technology lawyers from across the country. It was intended to provide a national forum for Canadian practitioners to discuss the uniquely Canadian aspects of IT law and related fields of e-commerce and intellectual property.
Objects of The Canadian IT Law Association ("IT.Can")
- Offer programs and content to keep pace with how evolving technology shapes law and vice versa
- Create opportunities for the sharing of information within the diverse community of professionals at the intersection of technology and business
- Provide opportunities for relationship building and networking across this diverse community
- Provide a forum for those new to technology legal issues to grow their knowledge in this area
- Seek and encourage collaboration between IT.Can and other relevant professional associations, groups and individuals with compatible interests
Last updated August 10, 2016.